- Life EMS Academy/El Paso ESD 2 Consortium
- Program Number: 600459
The paramedic course uses the 2009 National EMS Educational Guidelines for pre-hospital emergency care. The student will display a working knowledge of clinical and related topics relevant to the practice of pre-hospital emergency medical care at the Paramedic level, demonstrate the ability to competently perform all applicable skills, and exhibit attitudes and behavior consistent with the ethics and professionalism expected of the Paramedic. The program will include 650 clock hours of didactic learning, at least 240 hours of ambulance rotations to include a minimum of 20 team lead emergency runs and 60 hours of Capstone. The program also includes a minimum of 196 hours of clinical rotations at various medical department facilities (ER, ICU, CCU, NICU, L&D). Class length is approximately eleven months long . Class schedule varies by session. Some classes are only available to those with current AEMT certifications.
The current cost of the Paramedic course is $4,995.00 (Includes class tuition, books, insurance, name tag, ACLS and PALS certification). A down payment of $1,200.00 is required to reserve your seat, with the remainder owed paid throughout the length of the course. Additional expenses apply to agencies outside of Life Ambulance EMS Academy.
- 18 years of age to take certification examination.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- EMT-Basic by the Texas Department of State Health Services or the National Registry of EMT’s.
- Current CPR for the Healthcare Provider
The paramedic program of the Life EMS Academy/El Paso County ESD 2 Consortium is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Profession (CoAEMSP).
- Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Profession (CoAEMSP)
- 8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312
Rowlett, TX 75088
- Comission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- 25400 U.S Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
In accordance with policy, NREMT pass rates can be found here.
Paramedic Program Outcomes:
- CAAHEP Accredited Paramedic Programs and CoAEMSP Letter of Review
- (LoR) Programs track and report outcome measures annually to the Committee
- on Accreditation for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
- The most current CoAEMSP Annual Report was for the calendar year 2020.
- The most recent success rate for the National Registry of EMT Paramedic/State
- Cognitive exam was 90%.
- The most recent positive placement rate for graduates was 90%. Positive
- placement is defined by the CoAEMSP as ‘Employed full or part-time in a related
- field and/or continuing his/her education and/or serving in the military’. Positive
- placement is measured at completion of the program.
- The most recent retention rate was 83.3%.